beauty

Kylie Jenner Lip Kits!

06:08


Tonight I had a Chicken Parma for dinner and Mary Jo K (the red shade) was still on my lips after I had demolished my parma, chips and salad (cause it's all about a balanced diet right?). If that's not impressive to you, I don't know what keeps you happy. Unfortunately, Mary Jo K did not survive my double cone ice-cream, but maybe that was a sign from elsewhere that I didn't need ice-cream....

I applied Mary Jo K lip liner and liquid lipstick at 1pm and it lasted until 12 midnight with only one reapplication following my ice-cream. It does make my lips feel dry, but what liquid lipstick can last all afternoon and night and not feel dry? (No seriously, if one exists let me know!) In saying that, I cleaned my lips with an oil cleanser and under the Kylie Cosmetics beauty they are still soft and not cracked at all.

There was no flaking, and for the first few hours of wear my lips felt velvety smooth. They weren't sticky, they don't transfer and they're honestly little jars of perfection.

The packaging is beautiful but still super cool at the same time. It is perfectly Kylie Jenner.

I purchased Mary Jo K (bet you didn't guess that from reading above..), Posie K and Dolce K. I was expecting Posie K to be my least favourite (as I don't wear many pink-y shades - I like true reds or nudey-browns) but it has turned out to be my absolute favourite lip colour ever - and swatches don't do it any justice, its far more beautiful in real life.


If you recognise the picture above of my swatches from the Kylie Cosmetics' instagram, the answer is: yes, it is my picture (some lame person decided to edit the crap out of it and claim it as their own, but whatever, I've moved on now). 

People are complaining about the prices of the lip kits... Honestly if you compare the lip kit to a price of a MAC liquid lipstick + liner you'll realise the Kylie Cosmetics lip kit is cheaper (in Australia this is true, and ignoring shipping prices...)

So yes, you do need them. You need them all. I'm planning on buying the other 3 shades and hoping I will be able to get the new orange-red shade too. If you want them and think it is too hard, you just need to try as hard as you can and be persistent. I woke up every single drop at 3.50am for the drop which seems to always be at 4am in Victoria, Australia. I stayed up for an hour refreshing the website the first two times but was unsuccessful. On the next release Kylie made some MASSIVE hints on her instagram and twitter accounts. Look for these hints, know what time they release in your country and set you alarms, they're becoming easier to purchase since the release dates are more of a secret now. If you really want them (and I think they're worth it), you just need to be smart about the clues and set your alarms! Good luck xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments